terms and conditions
Once-Off Online Waiver
As a creative company, co|laboratory encourages conversations on matters related to our ways of working. This is rooted in the notion of collaborative enterprise which encourages the act of learning through, with and from one another. We want to inspire rather than invalidate innovative thinking! There are, however, two policies which are non-negotiable, given that they pertain to our shared ethos and the safeguarding of all who work with or for co|laboratory. The consequences of breaching any of our non-negotiable policies will be commensurate with the severity of the situation. All decisions regarding consequences will occur after a thorough and unbiased investigation and arbitration process which aims to identify the appropriate next steps for all parties involved. The final decision thereafter will be at the discretion of the Creative Director of co|laboratory in consultation with her advisors, as necessary.
shared ethos policy
Our Shared Ethos Policy is available in its entirety in the PDF copy of our Company Manifesto above. This policy ensures an innovative, creative and safe environment for all involved in co|laboratory. All of our codes of conduct operate with six principles at their core: inclusivity, professionalism, respect, integrity, accountability and safeguarding.
Our Safeguarding Policy is available in its entirety in the PDF copy of our Company Manifesto above. This policy ensures a commitment to the safety of everyone involved with our Company, without exception. All individuals, companies and institutions affiliated with co|laboratory must be aware of their position in the cycle of accountability and, as such, should always role model the shared ethos of our company.
Terms and Conditions
1. Participants are bound by their agreement to our Shared Ethos and Safeguarding Policies which are enforced company-wide at co|laboratory. Failure to adhere to the principles expressed in our non-negotiable policies (specifically related to issues around professionalism, respect, integrity, inclusivity, accountability and safeguarding) may result in co|laboratory issuing a notice of termination for any further involvement in the program. No refunds will be offered in this instance.
2. Participants must be punctual. For co|lab classroom educational programs, no refunds will be offered in instances where a participant arrives late to, misses the continuation of or fails to attend. For co|lab creations productions, punctuality is a reflection of the level of respect being shown for a creative process and its participants.
3. Participants are responsible for bringing any materials, equipment or items required to achieve success within any program or production. In some instances, co|laboratory will be responsible for providing the items which are specified as part of the purchase of a program package, sponsorship agreement or event ticket. All other items must be provided by the participant.
4. Should a participant become ill or is otherwise unable to attend on the day of their scheduled program or event, a valid doctor’s certificate or email detailing insurmountable circumstances is required within 24 hours of the absence. In this instance, a decision regarding an appropriate refund or plan of action will be made at the discretion of the Creative Director of co|laboratory (This decision will consider length of program, items already bought or provided for the participant, items promised as part of a sponsorship agreement, and any other factors contributing to costs or marketing already incurred by co|laboratory on behalf of the participant).
5. Payments for any of our co|lab classroom programs or as part of our co|lab creations sponsorship agreements signifies your agreement to all terms and conditions. However, it is important to understand that co|laboratory reserves the right not to permit participation in any program or event until such time as the relevant online waiver has been submitted by the participant as part of our own record-keeping purposes.
6. Refunds for co|lab classroom programs or pre-planned events will only be considered up to 14 days before the program is scheduled to commence and only in the event of unforeseen and insurmountable impediments to the delivery of that program.
7. co|laboratory engages with all participants on the assumption that they are all in good health (physically, mentally and emotionally) and that they or their parents/guardians have disclosed any relevant medical issues related to the work we shall undertake during lessons.
8. co|laboratory reserves the right to:
8.1. postpone, cancel, change the venue or nature of the delivery of a lesson (online vs in-person) with a minimum of 48-hour notice to the affected parties.
8.2. monitor and record communications for quality assurance or legal purposes.
8.3. cease a program at any point if our specialists feel threatened, intimidated, harassed or disrespected.
8.4. prevent any individual, company or institution from booking a program with co|laboratory.
8.5. remove any participant from the program and non-participant from our area of operation due to behaviour, attitude or comments that are contrary to our non-negotiable Shared Ethos or Safeguarding Policies.
8.6. take legal action against anyone who infringes on the copyrighted material or intellectual property used or referenced within any of co|laboratory’s programs.
8.7. take legal action against anyone who is found copying, distributing or reselling any of the copyrighted material or intellectual property used or referenced within any of co|laboratory’s programs
8.8. take legal action against anyone who slanders co|laboratory, any of our co|lab platforms or any of our company associates or partners on a public forum of any kind.
9. co|laboratory does not accept responsibility for:
9.1. loss or damage of the personal property of a participant unless this loss or damage was caused by the gross negligence of a specialist who then becomes personally responsible.
9.2. technical difficulties due to any equipment that is not our own that may result in disruptions to the standards of a performance, lecture, lesson or program in any way.
9.3. negligence on the part of the venue which may negatively affect the delivery or outcome of our own program.
9.4. death or personal injury to any individual engaging in a co|laboratory program activity on-site or at home.